Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSLR noob - advice wanted

Hi guys...

Got a 350D coming next week from a guy a work. Just after some advice on getting started with this.

What kind of stuff do I need to get up and imaging...

Also.. never owned a proper camera.. just cheapo point and clicks, what kind of settings are optimal for getting started...

I know this is kinda vague and a i guess its a very large subject area.. but just some pointers would be cool.

Cheers :)

You have got a good camera, which is perfect for astrophotography.

Best advice is read all the past and relevant topics in the imaging section of this forum

It will answer almost all your questions.

Your going to need...

An a adaptor to connect the DSLR to the scope...

There are a few ways of doind this and there are pros and cons with each...

The most secure way would be with an SCT -T adaptor fitted with a Canon T ring this will also introduce the least vignetting.

An other option would be to use the celestron visual T adaptor which is a 1.25" barrel with a t htread at the other end this is then fitted with the Cannon t ring and this fits into the 1.25" visual back adaptor.

Billy

Just bung it on the scope and play, that's what I did with mine. You can get the adaptors and stuff from FLO. You will need to download DSS, PixInsightLE and maybe GIMP. They are all free. It's great fun, the getting it wrong is as good as the getting it right........ :)

Archived