Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SynScan 4 NP error

Hi there

I was out with my mount last week a Skwatcher Star Discovery Alt AZ and didn't quite get it level, in a rush and a school boy  error, I know.   

Any way I tried to align it several times and it was out, a fair amount, not even in a 40mm eyepiece.  This was after it said 'alignment successful' but it also said straight after the 'alignment successful message',  'Previous NP settings applied', or something along those lines.

I have done some research on NP error and cone error, which is alright  (don't need to know much about it, but how to sort it out) . I need to know how to clear this out of my mounts memory or how to set these values to zero, as I read somewhere it will always update to this, this unless I clear the memory or reset the hand controller to original factory settings.  Neither of which I actually know how to do or what is the best option?  

I'm currently running version 04.37.03 on Syscan and have not updated yet, so going back to original factory settings is no problem (once I get this problem error out the way, I will then check and update if required). 

#Confused

Thanks in anticipation.... 

Lee

I tend to use the "Brightest Star" 2-star (or planet + 2-star) alignment on my V03 Synscan mounts. It would certainly help if Skywatcher provided more details about the various functions, and their cross-relationships, for each menu and sub-menu item. In theory, the alignment process should correct for a non-levelled mount, but a levelled mount should make for a more accurate auto-slew between the first and second alignment stars. I tend to use the "Clear PAE Data" function, at the start of a session, just after completing alignment.

Archived