NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC1396

Adreneline

I know my Samyang 135mm and Atik428ex combination leads to significant undersampling but I like th fact that I can image larger targets like IC1396.

IC1396-Combine.thumb.jpg.21168c07ff27c073354fd0034afdc159.jpg

This is 8x600s of Ha, OIII and SII. I decided to combine them in PixInsight in their linear state. R is 50:50 Ha:S ; G is 40:60 Ha:OIII ; B is 100% OIII.

I then duplicated the linear blended image and stretched one with HistogramTransform and the other with ArcSinhStretch. The two were then combined in separate layers in PS with the ArcSinh image set to 50% opacity above the HT image.

As ever any suggestions on how to improve the end result will be gratefully received.

Thank you for looking.

Adrian

4 minutes ago, celestron8g8 said:

Very nice capture . Is that color natural or your editing caused that ? 

Thank you.

The colour has come from my choice of assigning the individual filter images to RGB. The dominant image is from Ha but I tend to prefer to choose colour combinations that highlight detail. I’m not sure that predominantly red images always do that but that’s purely my view. 

Everyone to their own I guess. 

2 hours ago, peter shah said:

The Samyang is a great lens.....so crisp and superb for these wide field subjects...superb image

Thank you.

I really like using the Samyang although I found it a pain initially to get the spacing right and come up with an arangement to allow me to change filters easily. Having found the 'sweet spot' I find I can use it at f2 without problems. At f2 it is ideal for narrowband.

Thanks again for your kind comment.

Adrian

Archived