Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone been to Sandy Balls campsite ?

trudie

I have stayed at this campsite but didn't have a scope at the time. It is probably one of the cleanest, well run sites we have used outside of the Caravan Club. There is a large "overflow" field which is normally empty at this time of year so should be ideal. I would mention that Sandy Balls was owned by a Mormon family so while they had a good on site restaurant they did not serve alcohol (although you could bring your own wine) and the shop didn't sell any either. Things might have changed now however as this was a few years ago.

I dont think you will get a dark site at Sandy Balls due to all the light polloution created by the site , but if you go further into the New Forest you will get a darker site.Also unless you are camping most of the Lodges are in the woods so you will have problems actually seeing the sky.

I think Russ and Rob are the best people to ask as they sometimes go there iirc.

Archived