Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need help processing ha data in pixinsight

I'm a total novice at this, and if you're already capturing HA data I expect you're not.  But looking at your image in pixinsight I've done the following. 

• Applied a bit of a stretch using the histogram tool to improve the contrast
  • Sharpened the details using Multiscale Linear Transform
  • Reduced the stars using Morphological Transformation

I'm not sure if it looks any better or not, but it certainly looks different to the original. Are you going to capture some RGB data as well?

GOODHA.thumb.jpg.bb2763bab99c6867ce8bb7f8ed6f7328.jpg

The image you provided is already stretched. In PixInsight, a lot of processing is done in the linear state, and you should really post a linear image, without any processing after stacking (other than maybe trim the edges).

The image you provide seems ok, but is a bit noisy. What camera and optics did you use?

Noise reduction (MLT) and bringing in the blackpoint a little. Processing this any harder will only enhance the noise.

GOODHA_clone.thumb.jpg.b357012c2197a79e978db85b3713e283.jpg

3 hours ago, JimothyC said:

I'm a total novice at this, and if you're already capturing HA data I expect you're not.  But looking at your image in pixinsight I've done the following. 

• Applied a bit of a stretch using the histogram tool to improve the contrast
  • Sharpened the details using Multiscale Linear Transform
  • Reduced the stars using Morphological Transformation

I'm not sure if it looks any better or not, but it certainly looks different to the original. Are you going to capture some RGB data as well?

GOODHA.thumb.jpg.bb2763bab99c6867ce8bb7f8ed6f7328.jpg

That looks great thanks for the tips! This is my first time capturing ha and I am going to add OIII to this image

54 minutes ago, wimvb said:

The image you provided is already stretched. In PixInsight, a lot of processing is done in the linear state, and you should really post a linear image, without any processing after stacking (other than maybe trim the edges).

The image you provide seems ok, but is a bit noisy. What camera and optics did you use?

Noise reduction (MLT) and bringing in the blackpoint a little. Processing this any harder will only enhance the noise.

GOODHA_clone.thumb.jpg.b357012c2197a79e978db85b3713e283.jpg

That looks really good. This was taken with a Canon 450d astromodified and a 12nm clip filter. I will upload a non processed image when I get home.

Archived