NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mel's Polar Alignment guide.

Trevor

I have received several Emails asking that I thank Mel for her Polar Alignment guide, it seems that some new scopes do not come with instructions, below is just one quote from a Email:

Trev.

Please tell Astro Baby that her guide to polar alignment is easily the

best piece of work explaining this procedure that I've ever seen.

DOH ! Do pay attention Steve :)

Its at http://www.adur-astronomical.com/HEQ5/HEQ5-1.htm

That remind me I need to get on and do some updates to it cos there are a few rough edges to it.

Tell whoever mailed thanks though from me Trevor - but no thanks needed really. It was fun writing the guide ( though a lot less fun learning the process so I could write the guide ). I only wrote it cos I was driven to the edge of insanity trying to work it out myself and thought I'd spare others the stress :D

Kev - its not me - it my evil twin from a parrallel universe LOL

Seriously it may be me - I sent them a pciture two telescopes ago - the pic must be old but at leat back then I was slimmer. Come to think of it my recent downer may have been inspired by my slim the fat down diet ( actually it the 'who the hell can afford to eat AND buy astro gear 'diet ) :)

Archived