Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

power in the field

Was wondering what portable power solutions are you guys using these days?

Im currently using a http://www.omnicharge.co/ which works fine to power my CPC800. Would there be any concerns to using such a device? The omnicharge is a very well built piece of gear and powers everything from my laptop to phones to portable fans

I used to bring around a celestron power tank but that thing is unwieldy and the lead acid battery in there is the worst to maintain for long term

44 minutes ago, b16707 said:

I used to bring around a celestron power tank but that thing is unwieldy and the lead acid battery in there is the worst to maintain for long term

You can chuck the LA battery out of the power pack and fit the biggest LifePo Lithium battery that will fit.

That's what I did with mine, managed to squeeze a 40Ah one in.

Dave

I used to haul a Celestron power tank but as you said acid battery with long storage time is not ideal. So now I'm settle with a 5V to 12V DC USB step-up. Powered by my Xiaomi 20000mAh power bank. It powers my C8SE alt azm mount just fine and I've gone 6 hours of continuos tracking on a single charge. The USB power port is quite versatile also, I can power all sort of thing with it so for now I think I'll stick with it. The stepup cost me next to nothing (about 12$ here)20180722_122609.thumb.jpg.986a1fff99d23296cf6a455f707d9212.jpg

Archived