Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dual Rig Setup APT

22 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Can you elaborate on the details Gerry?  I'm currently running a dual rig off APT so should be able to help you.

Hello I think I have sorted it. You have to copy the exe file for APT and rename it then go into guide and choose server mode for one instance and client mode for the other and choosing strict mode for dithering in both. 

I should have read the APT manual first. It's a 2 x dslr rig with one Newtonian and one SCT with reducer. 

Anything I have missed? 

Gerry

I dont think I have to change anything like that?  I just open up APT1 for camera 1 and APT2 for camera 2.  I was using two Canon 40d, and it coped with that ok!

I use loose dithering mode, as sometimes I want to use different exposure times.  If you use the same exposure time then loose works ok too.

14 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

I dont think I have to change anything like that?  I just open up APT1 for camera 1 and APT2 for camera 2.  I was using two Canon 40d, and it coped with that ok!

I use loose dithering mode, as sometimes I want to use different exposure times.  If you use the same exposure time then loose works ok too.

I tried last night but weather wasn't good but I connected up the 2 cameras but with difficulty. It wanted to connect to the same camera on both instances. In the APT manual it says to turn both cameras on at the same time. That didn't work for me at all. I had to connect one and then open APT2 but it seemes to make a difference which camera to start first. Anyway small issue.

In the end I got both connected. Not sure how I did it now. :) Anyway the server client feature works might be useful if you want to dither for both cameras. 

God willing if the weather is good I'll try this evening. 

Gerry

Archived