NGC6979 - Pickering's Triangle

ampleamp

This is my version of Pickering's Triangle, or probably more aptly entitled Williamina Fleming's Triangle (NGC6979) located between the Eastern and Western Veil Nebulae.
I decided that the clear skies of the last couple of weeks had to be utilised despite there being no astro dark and a full moon through the period of imaging. Quite patiently for me, this is a combination of 55 x 15 mins H, 53 x 15 mins O111 and 49 x 15 mins S11 all taken with my 152/1200 and SXVR-H694 as a 1x2 mosaic. I have gotten less precious at rejecting poor frames and I rejected a further 28. This all ended up taking 14 nights at around 3.5 hours each and i am astonished i actually finished but I am happy as (for various reasons) this is the first image i have processed in a while.

Thanks for looking.

NGC6979_comb_RGB.png

Its a variant on SHO; once i had the main individual SHO frames processed I tried two versions of rgb combination in Pixelmath. Both were reasonably good but I combined each rgb as 50:50 and came up with this colour selection, which i liked.

Archived