NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My Saturn Image on EarthSky Website!

orion25

EarthSky.org published my recent Saturn image on their website! Mine is the 9th image on the webpage; here's the link:
http://earthsky.org/todays-image/photos-full-moon-saturn-opposition-june-2018

Here's the original image, a composite of two images taken a few nights before opposition with my 180mm Mak, Orion Deep Space Video Cam II and the Orion 2x Shorty Barlow:
1726517934_ASTRONOMY-SATURN(DSC)6-23-18COMPOSITE.thumb.jpg.3eef06be28ba2f5643f6763162c6d267.jpg 

I'm getting famous, lol :p

• orion25 changed the title to My Saturn Image on EarthSky Website!
Just now, orion25 said:

Thanks, Geof! Did you get to see the opposition?

I saw it through hazy cloud, but conditions were not good enough to image it. I was out again tonight for both visual and imaging of Jupiter and Saturn. Seeing was fair to good, so I collect 2 data runs on each planet; hope to process those in the next couple of days, but I'll be travelling next week so this may have been one of my last looks at Jupiter this season.

18 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

I saw it through hazy cloud, but conditions were not good enough to image it. I was out again tonight for both visual and imaging of Jupiter and Saturn. Seeing was fair to good, so I collect 2 data runs on each planet; hope to process those in the next couple of days, but I'll be travelling next week so this may have been one of my last looks at Jupiter this season.

I hope you got some good data. Looking forward to seeing the results :) 

Archived