Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First images

Rogue Leader

Shot these 2 images of the moon on sunday night. I took about 15 all together but these are the best, I have had to fiddle with the contrast and brightness in photoshop a bit as they were very bright. Used a panasonic lumix up against the bog standard skywatcher 25mm eyepiece, no idea of the settings.

Moon1.jpg

Moon3.jpg

Why would the original images be so bright, would changing the camera settings help? I can post the originals if anyone would like a look at them.

If I wanted to use my wifes 350d on my skywatcher dob, am I right in thinking I need a T ring for the Canon and then this will attach to the focuser if I unscrew the adaptor bit just in front of the eyepiece holder.? She is the photographer in the house and is quite willing to show me how to use her camera as long as I get the details of focus and attachment on the dob sorted.

Thanks in advance for the help

If I wanted to use my wifes 350d on my skywatcher dob, am I right in thinking I need a T ring for the Canon and then this will attach to the focuser if I unscrew the adaptor bit just in front of the eyepiece holder.?

Thanks in advance for the help

Yes that is exactly the way to do it - and the cheapest. Would also be useful to invest in a remote control either corded or IR. Or of course use the timer...

You're images are not half bad mate. I've had a go at them. Hope you approve. I adjusted the levels first, then curves, unsharp mask on the second one, then some brightness and contrast then back into curves for a little tweek.

Others that are far better than me could probably do more...

9384_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

9385_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Ant

Hi, and great pics there!

As far as attaching the 350d to the dob is concerned, you may or may not be able to acheive focus. On most dobs there isnt enough inward travel.

I have attached my camera to my skywatcher, but that is a flexitube, and you can compensate for the focussing.

Best thing is to ring Steve at FLO and tell him what you want to do, he'll know whats best!

Cheers

TJ

Archived