Ok so new usb hub.

Ok guys I've ordered a mains powered usb hub.

Does this mean apart from the obvious I plug everything into it......... Will I be able to sit in the comfort of the house with 1 long lead (ie 15 metres) to the pc?

Cheers

Stu

Basically everything that needs mains power comes from garage. This means I sit in garage too.

I'm thinking........ if I can get setup and sit in house hey Presto.

Yeah just seen active 2.0 cables on eBay for about 10 quid. 15m should do. Is it a thumbs up?

11 hours ago, Stu Wilson said:

Is it a thumbs up?

Hi. I don't think we can tell since we don't know the house/telescope/garage distances nor whether you'll need anything at USB3 speed. But for a small outlay it maybe just worth a go anyway?

I bought a Startech 4 port USB to Ethernet hub. Only usb2 but that's all I need. Can use it for up to 50 metres away. Everything starts up rapidly and I've had no drop outs since using it compared to the last unpowered Belkin USB hub. If I had to buy more usb ports I'd buy another Startech unit without hesitation. Can be got for 100 quid but you get your moneys worth!

Archived