NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which dew shield for 130PDS?

Heya, I know this is kind of a stupid question but I'm struggling to work out the right dew shield size for the 130PDS...? There are plenty of options on FLO but none are exactly the right size or am I being ultra blind/stupid on this?

Thanks in advance :) 

I had the same problem and in the end I decided to just buy a camping mat for 8 pounds and make a tube from it, get some velcro to fix it,  looks great and fits perfectly :)

You could make your own from cheap camping mat foam?
I think the rule of thumb is 1.5 times the  scopes aperture for the length of the tube/snood/dew-shield, the actual part that extends beyond the lip of the scope ( you would still need a couple of inches to go over the end of the scope).

I 'stitched' mine with tie-wraps!

https://stargazerslounge.com/gallery/image/28433-dew-shield/

But if you want one of the Astrozaå Flexible Dew shields from there, I would simply write to them and ask what size they would recommend for that scope. They are pretty quick to answer. Also, they are quite flexible with their size, as you can just change what part of the velcro you attach it to.
I also have a Celestron 130SLT and I could fit my 6 inch (150 mm) astrozap onto it. I just had to tighten the velcro a bit. So my guess would be that you can simply buy any of the 5 inch ones, and make it fit in the end :)

Archived