NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

May 26-27, 2018: 30-pane 97 Mpixel lunar mosaic

Conditions were not very good, with boilling seeing, but nonetheless I set up the scope and grabbed 30 2000-frame SER files with the C8 and ASI178MM (360 GB of data :eek:). Normally I go for "just" 1000-frame sequences, but I thought 2000 frames might fight the poor seeing better. I got the best results from stacking 500 out of each sequence, and applying some stronger unsharp masking in ImPPG than I usually do on lunar images. MS-ICE stitched the resulting panes without issue. Quite surprised the result came out this well.

Moon_000156_lapl4_ap1828_out_stitch.thumb.jpg.05eb82ea0ef2481c2df1d72bae5f817a.jpg

Best seen at full resolution (must get myself a better monitor!)

great shot under the conditions Michael, Saturday wasnt the best seeing here, ive been thinking its the fullmoon tonight when its tomorrow or is it the early hours, I can not figer it out must be the heat. thanks. charl.

Archived