Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pixelation using NexImage 5 CCR

I've been shooting with a 35 mm for a while but after noticing some really nice shots of Jupiter taken with a CCR camera, decided to try out the little NEXIMAGE camera I bought a while back.  

I took the shots below from my apartment.  I practice my technique sometimes using terrestrial objects because I live in the city and have to drive 2 hours to get anywhere that actual stars can be seen. 

The first pic is a screenshot of an avi made with the camera and the second is of a still made by stacking in Registack.  These were taken with an LX-200 with a 0.6 focal length reducer and 4x binning.  For some reason binning increases the field of view, but also increases the pixelation.  Not binning gives me a narrower FOV than I want but binning produces unacceptable pixelation.

Thoughts?

Thanks.  Also, sorry for the "PhD" in the username.  I registered from Twitter, where I use it for professional reasons.  

JT

5b019b085e14a_largeframe.thumb.JPG.cf15b7f66f6c6e41227437f063c8f5a9.JPG

video0001 22-15-01.jpg

I assume this is the Neximage 5 Colour camera. The native resolution of the camera is 2592x1944 (2.2micron pixel) but with 4x4 binning this effectively is reduced to 640x480 (8.8micron pixel). At 640x480 resolution the image will look blocky compared to the full resolution image. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived