Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Webb Society Meeting 2018

The Webb Society is holding its annual meeting at the IOA in Cambridge on Saturday 2nd June. All welcome. Details of talks etc at www.webbsociety.com/annual-meeting/year/2018

Owen

• 3 weeks later...

Hope anyone going to this tomorrow has a great time. Gutted I mistimed my holiday return so I'm missing it! Yann Pothier was (probably without knowing it) very influential on my early deep sky exploration via his posts on the NetAstroCatalog mailing list in the late 90s. I've also really enjoyed his contributions in the Astro-Dessins book (despite my questionable French). Looking forward to hearing all about it.

20 hours ago, Saganite said:

Excellent day, but after listening to Professor Drew, I realize that there are some gaping holes in what I thought I knew.:grin:

I shall get the text books out tomorrow !

Well I’m glad I wasn’t the only one struggling with the final talk, not the speaker’s fault of course.....

But a great day out, congratulations and well done to all that were responsible for the arrangements.

Ed.

Archived