Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_planets.thumb.jpg.e76f0a73fd950ae15415beb032373794.jpg

obrazell

Webb Society Meeting 2018

The Webb Society is holding its annual meeting at the IOA in Cambridge on Saturday 2nd June. All welcome. Details of talks etc at www.webbsociety.com/annual-meeting/year/2018

Owen

If anyone form North Gloucestershire or South Worcestershire is planning on going, and could give me lift on the day, please DM me.

Thanks, Callum

Hope anyone going to this tomorrow has a great time. Gutted I mistimed my holiday return so I'm missing it! Yann Pothier was (probably without knowing it) very influential on my early deep sky exploration via his posts on the NetAstroCatalog mailing list in the late 90s. I've also really enjoyed his contributions in the Astro-Dessins book (despite my questionable French). Looking forward to hearing all about it.

I shall be there for the day, and particularly looking forward to listening to Professor Janet Drew talking about massive stars.

Congratulations Paul on reaching 1000 posts BTW.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Excellent day, but after listening to Professor Drew, I realize that there are some gaping holes in what I thought I knew.:grin:

I shall get the text books out tomorrow !

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Saganite said:

Excellent day, but after listening to Professor Drew, I realize that there are some gaping holes in what I thought I knew.:grin:

I shall get the text books out tomorrow !

Well I’m glad I wasn’t the only one struggling with the final talk, not the speaker’s fault of course.....

But a great day out, congratulations and well done to all that were responsible for the arrangements.

Ed.

• Like 2