SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Orion Optics

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi John,

The courier was TNT. Although it was a white van man that delivered it.

Well, I've just e-mailed OO to ask when would be the best time to take it for a investigation. Everyone's got to have a break so it may be in the new year. I'm sure it can be sorted out.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

All the best.

Glen.

Hi Glen

Unfortunately have not recived it yet. Tried to contact OO but I think they're closed until Monday as they aren't answering the phones or emails. At least I managed to get outside last night for an hour with my 80mm APO and wonder how much better it would be with the OMC140 Deluxe.

Have a happy new year.

John

Remember that these are hand built scopes that are essentialy made to order, so when they bring out a revised version such as the OMC140C delays do happen particularily with the first batch being produced.

OO's delays are nothing compared to most other makers of hand built scopes where waiting times of from 6 months to 4 years or more are the usual thing.

John

I think you could be right John. No answers at all.

Good to see you got out. I must admit it's a little cold for me. I've had man-flu over Christmas,you know the kind I mean. TEN times worst then ordinary flu :)

I will keep you informed how I go on with Orion. I'm a little surprised they sent it out like this. They will sort it no doubt.

Clear Skies.

Glen.

Hi Glen

Sounds like they perhaps tried too hard to get your scope out in time for Christmas. At least with OO you know that they will definitely put it right for you, unlike some other brands I could mention. I think that OO is in many ways an old fashioned type of business, they make some great stuff and stand behind their scopes 100% but their communication skills are still in the 19th century.

I had the real flu last month, so I got it out of the way in time for Christmas, unfortunately it seems like everyone else has it now, made for a very quiet Christmas.

John

Hi John,

I am really looking forward to giving this scope a run. It's a good size for me to manage. It is my first Mak and should prove to be very good.

Now I'm already looking for a 2" back for it. Well,when it's sorted.

The only sound in the house this Christmas was my hacking cough.

Glen.

I am sorry to hear of this OO delay, it is the usual thing with them and to be honest i think that the ETA for one of their scopes is ~3-5 months after order.

if it is your first proper scope then the sound of 3-5 months of waiting might be the reason that they lie about it so much.

My OO is my pride and joy and although we live in a world where you can order something one day and it arrives the next, i think that OO scopes are only made better by the fact you have to wait for it to be hand made.

ally

Archived