Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Alignment Procedure When Using Polemaster

1CM69

Hi,

I’ve just ordered a Polemaster from FLO and have been trawling the net and YouTube looking at various guides on how to setup and use the Polemaster. 

One question I do have that I cannot seem to find an answer for is if I still need to do an initial alignment procedure as per normal on my mount before then using the Polemaster. 

I’ll be attaching my Polemaster via an ADM Vixen adaptor to the top of my wedge mounted Celestron CPC. 

My setup is non permanent, so I need to perform an alignment every time I go out. 

Obviously, when my scope is first powered up the HC asks to wait for GPS or accept, I always wait. 

Next after finding GPS etc.... it goes straight to the list in order to choose which alignment procedure I wish to use, normally I choose EQ North Align & then EQ AutoAlign from the next options. 

So, do I still need to do all of this first before then firing up the Polemaster and running through it’s alignment process?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, MilwaukeeLion said:

No need for alignment procedure prior to polemaster align. You only need to rotate in RA during procedure.  My set up is also mobile, you will like the ease of getting aligned with it.

So I just disregard the messages on my HC?

Can I just hit UNDO and get to the screen that says CPC READY?

Am I getting confused with the GOTO alignment, where the scope needs to know where it’s pointing & the PA which just aligns the mount with the Polar Axis?

9 minutes ago, 1CM69 said:

So I just disregard the messages on my HC?

Am I getting confused with the GOTO alignment, where the scope needs to know where it’s pointing & the PA which just aligns the mount with the Polar Axis?

Yes, x2.

Polar alignment has nothing to do with goto alignment. In fact, if you do pa first, goto alignment and pointing accuracy will become easier/better.

1 minute ago, wimvb said:

Yes, x2.

Polar alignment has nothing to do with goto alignment. In fact, if you do pa first, goto alignment and pointing accuracy will become easier/better.

Brilliant, thanks. 

Can’t wait to give it a whirl ?

Archived