SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My Clave' eyepiece collection

Doc

I've decided to start a collection of Clave' eyepieces so far it consists of a 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 25, & 40mm. I still need to find a 3, 5, 6, 30, 35, 45, 55mm

The 8, 10, and 12mm are side marked and apparently these are from 1982 and are a limited run of 100 each.

I find the Clave's very sharp on axis, sharper then the Televue's. They are also very good at controlling scatter and contrast.

ydM7Xy.jpg

I had a friend who owned Clave EP's, he only had four as I remember, not sure on the Focal lengths either.
It was a long time ago. What I do remember, are the very crisp views they afforded. 
I hope you manage to complete your collection Doc. It will be an Invincible Army you'll command :icon_biggrin:.

4 minutes ago, barkis said:

I had a friend who owned Clave EP's, he only had four as I remember, not sure on the Focal lengths either.
It was a long time ago. What I do remember, are the very crisp views they afforded. 
I hope you manage to complete your collection Doc. It will be an Invincible Army you'll command :icon_biggrin:.

Thanks Ron.

Interesting collection Doc, so nice to see someone appreciating and using a different brand to the "usual suspects"☺?.

I hope you achieve your ambition of getting the whole set.

Dave 

Archived