NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrotortilla

In the absence of clear sky’s I have been experimenting with Astrotortilla but as ever I’m running in to problems and any pointers from members using the software would be appreciated. I have carefully followed the excellent Light Vortex tutorial but because of the afore mentioned sky’s I’ve not used it in the real world. However I have tried using a filed image and EQMOD ASCOM Simulator. The attempt to solve gives me an answer ‘No solution in 1.0s’. I have uploaded the image to Astrometry.net and it has no problem solving it. 

I have obviously missed one (or more) set up entries but I have rechecked several times. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks for reading.

1 hour ago, Grierson said:

No solution in 1.0s

You are never going to get a solution in 1.0 - well not for a good few yrs.   Why dont you post the image here and let others see if their set ups work - they might then be able to point to your index's perhaps .  Have you got your correct index files in the correct place for Astrotortilla as coming back with no solution in 1.0 secs would sound like no indexes were searched or exist !!!!!!!   Try capturing the Log and post that here it may throw some light on the problem.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I did not say or indeed expect to get a solution in 1.0s. I simply reported what the program reported after me pressing the 'Solve' button'. The indexes do appear to be in the correct location but I will check again before doing anything else. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Grierson said:

Sorry for the delay in responding. I did not say or indeed expect to get a solution in 1.0s. I simply reported what the program reported after me pressing the 'Solve' button'. The indexes do appear to be in the correct location but I will check again before doing anything else. Thank you.

Yes I know but that is an indicator why its not running correctly ,even not solving , its should go on until your timeout(think there is one!) or you "abort" the run - i.e. alot longer than 1.0s .

Hence stopping after 1.0s would suggest a problem with either the indexes ( wrong place or FOV set) or the program hasn't been able to extract enough source stars. The log in the first place to look but you have to open it in the viewer (option on the Astrotortilla menu).  Clear Skies

I don't suppose there are too many people remotely interested :happy11: but the answer to my problem was a 'typo'. For the record if you type --obsj 100 into the Custom Options instead of --objs 100 you get days of heartache! Get it right and the program works beautifully. 

22 hours ago, Grierson said:

I don't suppose there are too many people remotely interested :happy11: but the answer to my problem was a 'typo'. For the record if you type --obsj 100 into the Custom Options instead of --objs 100 you get days of heartache! Get it right and the program works beautifully. 

Been there done that (100's of times) - we are human !!! - glad its work for you !

Archived