SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 6946 The Fireworks Galaxy

whatablanker

There are certainly some fireworks in this pic!   I've not aimed at this target before - is it really that busy over in that patch of sky?  The photo has an 'orange feel' to it.  I suppose it could be in a hotspot for reddish stars but at the same time, I noticed Startools did tend to push things to towards the warmer colours.  Did you notice that the white/blue larger stars have patchy/part colour?

On 2018-04-23 at 15:11, whatablanker said:

Needs more darks I think as there was quite a lot of noise

Very nice image already.

Darks won't help you get rid of (random) noise. Darks can help remove stuck/hot pixels and amp glow, but not noise. To do that, you need to increase the total integration time, either by increasing the exposure time, or the number of light frames.

10 hours ago, mikey2000 said:

There are certainly some fireworks in this pic!   I've not aimed at this target before - is it really that busy over in that patch of sky?  The photo has an 'orange feel' to it.  I suppose it could be in a hotspot for reddish stars but at the same time, I noticed Startools did tend to push things to towards the warmer colours.  Did you notice that the white/blue larger stars have patchy/part colour?

I did notice it I'm not sure what's going on there 

Archived