Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone Imaging with TS UNC or ONTC

Northernlight

Thanks Wim,

His images look great but i just found out that the TS ONTC newts are 2,000 euro and that does't include a focuser, then they are asking for another 700 euros for a decent focuser and base plate, Which is more than i wanted to pay, and the UNC scopes are apparently not much better than the Skywatcher quattro but over double the price.

I looked at these scopes a few years ago, I would not compare them to the SW Quattro newts,   have a look a good focuser is included in the cost, you have a choice, also the tubes are thicker than the Quattro making them mechanically stable

My only doubt were the optics however  imagers are producing nice images from them.

Optical evaluation report of the mirror is included, I believe. My feeling is that these scopes are a serios step up from standard newts. But I'm not sure that the focuser is included. I've looked at the 10" f/4.7, which with Baader Diamond steeltrack, motorfocus and coma corrector, will set you back some 2800 € at least, assuming that focuser is NOT included. Hefty price, but if it has the quality, it may be worth it ...

The cheaper UNC has a entry-level focuser included, but the mirror is the same GSO mirror as the skywatcher, and looks to have the same mirror cell.

The ONTC model is a huge step up with quality components, but the 10" is 2,000 euro and the 12" is 3,000

Neither of the ONTC come with a focuser, you have the choice of 4 different focusers but you have to pay for the focuser and the base plate. Its not very apparent until you checkout.

Archived