Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece_winners.thumb.jpg.236833c5815bb321211a43f4d5214ba8.jpg

Photos taken via my Samsung Galaxy J7 through my Orion f4 scope. The images of Jupiter and its' moons 1,3,and 5 were captured through a 20mm lens.  Images 2 and 4 were captured with an Orion Shorty 2x Barlow Lens through a 20mm lens.

Jupiter1.jpg

Jupiter2.jpg

Jupiter3.jpg

Jupiter4.jpg

Jupiter5.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mezz
      Hi,
      I am going to buy my first telescope and I can't make up my mind with the focal ratio. I have seen this two option within my budget
      Skywatcher 130/1000 eq2 with a f/7.7 ratio
      Meade 130 Polaris EQ with 650 mm focal length and f/5 ratio.
      I read that a f/7.7 would be better to watch planets while f/5 would be better to watch galaxies and nebulae and will also give a brighter image.

As I am new and never looked through a telescope like those I don't know which to choose. The idea of looking at galaxies really excited me but I also wanted to see planets such as Jupiter or Saturn and it's moons, and at the moment I am not considering photography as I still need to get familiar with the telescope but in the future I would love to take some photos so brightness could be important.
      My question is how much difference would I noticed between these two focal ratio when I looked at planets and galaxies. Would I get a much better view of Saturn with a f/7.7 or not really?
      Thanks in advance for your advices
    • By Orion1802
      Hi
      Has anyone ever tried to view any planet with an UHC filter? What were the results?
      Clear skies
    • By floastro
      Hi all,
      This is my first shots of Saturn and Jupiter taken the last summer with my new ZWO ASI178MC.
      Equipment :
      -Sky-Watcher Maksutov-Cassegrain Ø150mm /1800mm
      -Sky-Watcher NEQ5 PRO Goto mount
      -ZWO ASI178MC camera
      -ZWO ADC corrector
      -Pierro-Astro electric Focuser Focus v2 controlled by the PC station in ASCOM.
      -Imaging Software : FireCapture
      -Integration Software : Autostakker 3
      -Processing Softwares : PRISM v10 / Registax 6 / PhotoShop CS6 / Lightroom 6
      - Wide Gammut Monitor for processing : NEC SpectraView Reference 272 (27") calibrated with x-Rite i1 Display Pro colorimeter

Saturn :
      Sequence of 11,000 images.
      8,800 added with a sub-exposure of 88ms/image.
      Focal length : 1800mm

Jupiter :
      Sequence of 6,000 images. 4,800 images added.
      The exposure time for each image : 40.7ms.
      Focal length : 1800mm

• By rorymultistorey
      Hi Stargazers,
      After a lot of work and help from the great Damian Peach I managed to get some really good images of Jupiter Mars and Saturn despite a total spend of just £100... and I made another bonkers Astrobiscuit video about it which I hope you enjoy. Mr Peach really helped me pick my nights to image and the other big surprise was how good the canon 600D is at planetary. All comments/ advice/ criticisms most welcome...

• By Matteo
      GSO 0.20 m 
      Sky-Watcher NEQ-5 Pro SynScan mount
      ASI 120MC + IR/UV Cut filter
      GSO barlow lens 5x (APO)
      ZWO IR/UV Cut filter
      f: 5000 mm
      f/25
      The newton in action! 😀
      Matteo Vacca Milis, Italy http://vaccamatteo.weebly.com/ https://www.astrobin.com/users/matteovacca/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.