NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

If you can't beat them, join them

johnfosteruk

Clouds, that is.

It was looking lovely at 8pm but the Mak hadn't cooled yet so I got on it at about 9pm. I had a mosaic planned, but it was not to be. I'd grabbed a few panes worth of video when the cloud came in fast.

Very photogenic though so I present for your enjoyment, the Moon Nebula :) I went to town with the targeted adjustment brush in Photoshop for.. lets call it visual impact!

Oh and the panes I did manage to capture, assembled in full colour, FWIW. 500 of 3000 frames per pane. Pipp>AS!3>IMPPG. 

Plus an 'action' shot taken with iPhone (or why I still use a DSLR to refer to another thread in another section)

I've a sneaky day off tomorrow so I'm still waiting and hoping for the cloud to clear, but I'm at the gym for 8am so I can't stay up too late!

5abab7c87d4b8_MoonNebula.thumb.jpg.c8afcbdba1a50b15e41b0a95c5b76d90.jpg

5abacc092e734_Partmoonmosaic27-03-18.thumb.png.9a85460d6e254f7554455082aa6e695f.png

IMG_0248.thumb.jpg.ebfa07979f5e582b4e9806b11f0c617d.jpg

10 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

the Moon Nebula :) /  targeted adjustment / lets call it visual impact!

Beg to inform onnerable member that the first pic is actually of Nova Carinae 2018*, gosh it has brightened a lot :)

There is always something new to learn from your posts ! I took some badly over exposed badly unders as well of tonight's moon w.clouds and wondered if/how I would combine them - thinks must investigate Basil brush and see if he lurks in Gimp :)

Very impactfull :thumbsup:

* two days ago APOD  https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap180325.html

7 minutes ago, SilverAstro said:

Very impactfull

Glad to be of service your ludship.

You could achieve the same results with layer masks in GIMP I reckon.

Careful of your search terms if you're going googling though, I'd suggest "GIMP editor layer masking" and nothing less. :)

Don't think I've ever heard of a mag -11 nova before :headbang:

Archived