Help & Advice required on imaging equipment

2 hours ago, spillage said:

would go with the t7 mono.

+1. A clone of the 120. Drop in compatibility using the latest zwo drivers. Same sensitivity, more convenient shape. Recommended:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/T7-Astro-Camera-Astronomical-Astronomy-Planetary-High-Speed-Electronic-Eyepice-Telescope-Digital-Lens-for-Guiding-Astrophotograp/32786715355.html

HTH.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, alacant said:

+1. A clone of the 120. Drop in compatibility using the latest zwo drivers. Same sensitivity, more convenient shape. Recommended:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/T7-Astro-Camera-Astronomical-Astronomy-Planetary-High-Speed-Electronic-Eyepice-Telescope-Digital-Lens-for-Guiding-Astrophotograp/32786715355.html

HTH.

I ordered this yesterday night. Thanks a ton for providing valuable feedback.

20 hours ago, alacant said:

HTH.

The link does not link to the camera...!

On 4/6/2018 at 23:21, alacant said:

Hi. Download the zwo driver from their site. Connect the camera. Launch PHD2. Choose ZWO in the drop down. 

That's it. HTH

Hi. I downloaded the ZWO software for ASI cameras. Though the drop down menu in PHD2 is showing ZWO ASI camera, but my newly arrived Datyson T7 is not getting detected yet. Is there something i am missing out ? Is an ASCOM download also required ?

6 minutes ago, Pankaj said:

Is an ASCOM download also required ?

Not for the camera, no. Have you setup a profile for it?  Check: you are using a usb2 port on your computer and the red light on the t7 is illuminated. Try a different usb port, try a different cable, does it work with SharpCap? What does the PHD2 debug log say? HTH.

3 minutes ago, alacant said:

Not for the camera, no. Have you setup a profile for it?  Check: you are using a usb2 port on your computer and the red light on the t7 is illuminated. Try a different usb port, try a different cable, does it work with SharpCap? What does the PHD2 debug log say? HTH.

Thanks. The camera got detected in PHD2. Now the next thing which PHD2 is asking for is the 'Mount'. Here too, there is a drop down menu with list of mounts. I have a NEQ6 Pro which is not showing in the list. Will it show in the list only when connected to the mount? 

3 minutes ago, Pankaj said:

Ok. Just opened the eqmod website for downloading eqascom.

Done. Now the drop down list of PHD2 is showing the mount as Heq5/6, but not Neq6. Will Heq6 mean Neq6?

Thanks a ton Alacant. Really appreciate your help. Never thought guiding is so complicated. 

Is there a way I can practice indoors to work with phd2, guiding camera etc. ? OR is it necessary to have everything installed outside with perfect polar alignment, star alignment and only then practicing on phd2 can be done. 

10 minutes ago, Pankaj said:

Is there a way I can practice indoors to work with phd2

Yes. Setup another profile. Choose ascom simulator for camera and eqmod ascom simulator for mount. HTH and good luck.

Hi All. I was practicing on PHD2 using simulator/s as suggested by Alacant. However, when I auto select a star and then put it on cross hairs for calibration, it does not calibrate and says ''RA Calibration failed: Star did not move enough' 

I have tried repeatedly. Sometimes it goes fine with calibration while at other times, it gives me the above message.

Is there something wrong that I am doing? Not able to figure out what wrong I am doing.

You seem to have more or less got yourself sorted with the good advice above.  Just a few comments:

If you are using an ST80 you might find you will need a small extension tube to reach focus once trying to find stars in the live sky.  If you haven't already bought the Skywatched guidescope mount (which are great by the way), you could save yourself some more money if your SW130PDS came with a 9 x 50 finderscope, as this can be adapted by a cheap adapter, into a guidescope.

I am glad you didn't get a synguider, I have read very mixed reports on it.  Some people can get it to work, but others seem to have a lot of problems.

Carole 

Archived