Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Corrector Condensation

I noticed last night that the subs appearing on my laptop were lacking detail, I suspected something had dewed up but nothing obvious on the telescope mirrors, tonight ive removed theimaging train and noticed that the inside of the corrector elements had a thin mist on them,  the corrector is sealed with no access to the internal elements, ive managed to remove the mist with a hair dryer, my concern is that as soon as I take the corrector back outside the issue will occur again. Any tips on how to remove the condensation going forward and avoiding a wasted night imaging.  There is no real option of attaching a dew band. 

The corrector is hidden quite deep within the focuser, I'm reluctant to add or remove anything within the imaging train as this may introduce dust and new flats would be required.  I think I may try a workaround with a dew  to see if that helps?   

thanks

Mark

Archived