Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Going retro vintage Japanese glass

F15Rules

On 01/04/2018 at 19:48, mikeDnight said:

I wondered about the 35 having too much eye relief but after buying one last summer, its possibly my favourite eyepiece. It also comes with a detachable spacer with winged eyeguard. Very comfortable!

20180401_195235.jpg

20180401_195253.jpg

I also use on of these for solar observing and it performs most impressively..... I will have to give it a run out with the dark side as I can’t remember trying it out ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, 25585 said:

This is the recession on my Celestron. 

It's hard to tell, but it does look like at least 5mm of recession.  I had wrongly assumed all Plossls without eyecups would have flush mounted lenses.  Good to know.

40 minutes ago, Louis D said:

It's hard to tell, but it does look like at least 5mm of recession.  I had wrongly assumed all Plossls without eyecups would have flush mounted lenses.  Good to know.

It's tolerable. Flat eye lens. Only the BVD of my glasses stops me seeing the whole FOV. Have a 26mm Eudiascopic to compare with, & a Bresser 25mm Plossl. 

Archived