Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Not sure which setting is correct.

Redscouse

Hi all :hello:

Just installed PHD2 and having a go a setting up camera etc. to get used to the GUI.
During setup I hit the detect button and was presented with 7.50 pixel size.
Checking the camera's website it says 3.75 pixel size.

Thanks to @JemC I have an understanding of binning and paid enough attention in school to realise 3.75 is half of 7.50. :happy7:
What I am curious about is, is this setting in PHD2 correct? (picture 1 - picture 2 is from the manufacturers website)

Thanks for looking.
Pete.

1.PNG.869dd8b67c0d7c46f00aee366dffcd48.PNG2.PNG.c0595facc117fed6bf847a1ddbecc6bc.PNG

Interesting... This might be a guess, but perhaps PHD is assuming that the camera is 640x480, like, I suspect, is the most common resolution used for guide cameras.. or just treating it like a 640X480 chip, therefore doubling the physical pixel size??? Actually binning it 2x2 by default....

Like I sad I'm just guessing.

15 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Interesting... This might be a guess, but perhaps PHD is assuming that the camera is 640x480, like, I suspect, is the most common resolution used for guide cameras.. or just treating it like a 640X480 chip, therefore doubling the physical pixel size??? Actually binning it 2x2 by default....

Like I sad I'm just guessing.

I couldn't find the 640x480 resolution - that is indeed what I use on mine. 
The penny has just dropped that this is half the resolution listed at the website - feel rather foolish now! :homework::hiding:
Makes sense. Thanks. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Redscouse said:

I couldn't find the 640x480 resolution - that is indeed what I use on mine. 
The penny has just dropped that this is half the resolution listed at the website - feel rather foolish now! :homework::hiding:
Makes sense. Thanks. :thumbsup:

anytime.. I was just guessing.... and the numbers did add up.

Archived