SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Meade Lx90

Hi Apologies if this has been discussed before but I want to defork a Meade Lx90 emc and mount it on my Neq6 pro.Problem is I'm not sure which adapter is the best option to use? Losmandy dovetail? I would appreciate some advice thanks 

Hi, I have done this and dues to the weight of the scope I used a Losmandy dovetail bar, similar to this one..

https://www.365astronomy.com/FARPOINT-Dovetail-Plate-for-Meade-8-SCT-Losmandy-Compatible.html

its rock solid 

Another tip, when you do defork make sure you loosen the side arm on the fork mount and don’t try and just slide the scope out when you remove the three bolts each side, or it will scratch the tube terribly.. :)

I also had an LX90 some years ago that I deforked and mounted onto an EQ6.  I also used a Losmandy plate which I think was made by Farpoint Astro.  The process of deforking went surprisingly easy, as did the refork when I later sold the scope.

Archived