SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Deep Sky and a little bit Solar system

Eastman

Hello Everbody,

Well that was another bright evening this week. It started a bit cloudy but that quickly went away.

This time again with the SW 130p flextube.

NGC 884/869 Between the then present clouds to the double cluster, the most beautiful with a low magnification of 20x Still filling the eyepice

NGC 457 Through to the Dragonfly cluster (stellarium name, appropriate) with 43x beautiful full eyepiece filling.

M97 / M108 Strange things happen here and not for the first time this week. I thought this was a good test for my new grab and go. 32X not visible through to 26X periphery but then 43X suddenly a bit more than peripheral and that goes for both. Yet the Owl Nebula is more visible.  I had expected that it would be less with higher magnification, the contrary is true.!    I also tested my Light pollution filter on these objects, so far money bad spent hahaha.

M42 Goal E and F star in trapezium 43X, 65X, 81X and 130X, that's my 5mm so here it stops, still no succes. 

Ceres  Start the starhop from the lynx and soon I find it. With 130X this object remains a star. Still enjoy it the idea that you are looking at a dwarf planet of less than 1000 kilometers in diameter!

M44 Beautifully visible with the naked eye from my garden such a beautiful open cluster, I think it's best at 20x

M67 Always looked at it with low magnification. Tonight I enlarged it much futher, this is really a very beautiful and star-rich cluster!

NGC 2903 Just infront of the Lion's head  a small galaxy with a slightly lighter core, quite a tricky one.

M47 / M46 Nice start from Sirius to the open cluster M47, accompanied with his much weaker but star-rich neighbor M46.

Again a nice evening under the star this week, and extra bonus, Ceres!

greetings Gert

On ‎16‎-‎2‎-‎2018 at 17:41, domstar said:

What a great night. I've never seen Ceres. Thanks for the reminder.

Ceres_Earth_Moon_Comparison.png

No thanks domstar and good luck finding Ceres!

Do not expect too much of it, Ceres remains a star in the eyepiece.

But it's fun looking for it!

Archived