Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

130pds drawtube length

• 4 weeks later...

Do you still need the length?
I am planning to deal with drawtube intrusion problem during this weekend...  If collimating and tightening up the bolts of the primary mirror to the limit will not help,

I will proceed with drawtube "circumcision" - so I will be able to measure it.

3 hours ago, RolandKol said:

Do you still need the length?
I am planning to deal with drawtube intrusion problem during this weekend...  If collimating and tightening up the bolts of the primary mirror to the limit will not help,

I will proceed with drawtube "circumcision" - so I will be able to measure it.

I would like to know what the stock length was , I have someone machine me a new tube so hopefully all will be sorted  if I was you don’t cut end off completely you will see drawtube runs on 4bearings leave those bits protruding so the bearings still have metal to run on , does that make sense or else tube falls off bearings before it hits tube stop photo shows mine coming off bearing wheel 

BC588FF6-339A-49F7-831D-AEF61E67283C.jpeg

Thanks for letting me know. It does not ring any of my bells at the moment, but probably, I will get the point after I will disassemble the focuser.

My plan was to chop off 1.5cm, - I will reduce the plan to 1cm Max ;) 

Yesterday I recollimated the scope by tightening the bolts of the primary mirror to the limit.

It was cloudy and I failed to experiment will long exposures,
I am not sure if 30 sec is enough, but the few I have managed to do, - do not show any D shape stars. Sirius had perfect spikes...
Have no idea how to test on long exposures without actual stars...

And one more time, Thanks for advise.

P.S.

While writing, I understood I am a complete idiot... I do not need to remove focuser to measure the tube length! :)

Took a carpenters ruler, - there is a plastic tube inside which is 2.5cm, all together from edge to the edge (including plastic)= 11.5cm

Enjoy :)

Archived