Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My latest Solar project update....:-), just saved myself a whole whole heap of..

NickH

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not really in my nature to patent stuff...more in to helping others do things..

Anyway for the record, the mod is comprised as follows

threaded 2 inch PST adapter (German made), the threading is important as to the front of this fits the IR 2 inch filter to kill unwanted heat

Inside this fits quite snugly the PST CaK module, which requires some force to remove, but comes out. This sits within the blue ring from the PST. That blue rings screws to an Astro engineering 2 inch SCT adapter, which then clips on to a 2 inch to 1.25 inch adapter. Then a 1.25 inch diagonal, with the ep holder portion removed, and the PST CaK EP assemblty screwed in to that.

Et voila... something not dissimilar to another certain companies CaK module.. but for a grand total of £78 (+ PST CaK)

Still testing the heat tolerances, but it was running at 80mm no problems at all (the other one is rated to 100mm)..

With the IR filter in place, it should easily take 100-110mm

Chinese customs have to content with

1 x WO80 scope in bag, with tripod adapter fitted

2 x modified modules (see pics above)

1 x small tripod

1 x EOS300D with 2 inch adapter for White light (WO80 is the lens system!)

1 x Lumenera Skynyx 2-0m

1 x ASUS Atom laptop /PSU and USB cable

That's it..

should be relatively easy...going to speak to the Chinese embassy beforehand to make sure as well

Thanks for the info Nick :salute: I'm tempted to do a mod using the standard PST to up the detail and make photography easier... do you think it would work with a Megrez 90??

Oh, and we want to go to China too!

Helen

The success and failure of the H-A mod depends on the focal ratio and the back focus of the scope. Higher focal ratio the better for H-A as the beams have to hit the etalon as close to parallel as possible. Whilst the PST etaon has a fore and aft lens system to assist with this, the best results I have seen/achieved have been with F10 (approx) setups. Back focus is due to the space required between the etalon (and it's aft lens) and the secondary blocking filter..

For CaK...it doesn't matter one jot..

Archived