Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aha, I finally had success with getting a new Telescope

BenBroad

Some people might remember me asking about the Celestron C8 NGT & Skywatcher 200...

After many problems with Telescope Planet inc the last few days when they are so slow to get back to you I ordered a nice C6 NGT from FLO

You wouldnt believe the ammt of problems I've had with TP, my card being charged for a scope they didnt have, them screwing up deliver dates, taking a week to refund my card, and other things,... like not confirming if they had a C8 in stock as their price suddenly changed, suggested a mixture of celestron mount and skywatcher OTA but being slow to give a price and also ignoring my request to get it ready to be ordered for quick delivery,..

So having enough I ordered from FLO, how simple it is to talk to them and get what I wanted sorted, and they actually rang me back after looking into stock for me? How nice

CHEERS FLO !!!

Hey Ben, grats on your purchase!

I too spent some time pondering those scopes, but today I finally put a £200 deposit on a C8 NGT with good old FLO, though I'll have to wait a couple of months for them to come back into stock.

Look forward to hearing about your C6!

:)

Well I got the telescope delivered yesterday, and when I got back from work I set about setting it up...

Hmm I would certainly say the tripod and mount are very big and heavy, but at least they are sturdy. :D

Nice OTA as well, but the 6" looks so small to a 10" I used to have.

Got it all set up with no problems. But didnt have much time to take it out, but I did see Jupiter from my dining room window, so moved it there, and quickly found it on my finderscope, but nowhere near for my tube... Hmm suppose I should align it the finderscope, of course this was dark so I used a corner on my neighbours roof....

Hmm It was the first time I ever saw jupiter, didnt see much details of the planet itself but saw its moons, I think I saw 1 on the left and 3 on the right.

When I get it outside I will try the polar align and give it a good go. Its a pity I was up early for work today as I might have took it outside last night for the brief time it was clear (ish)

Well done you got a great scope.

Looking out of a window is never a good idea. Ruins the view no end.

Take it outside an hour before you view so it cools down and you will see detail on jupiter I'm sure.

Archived