NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC410 - Bi/Tri-colour DSLR Oiii + H-alpha

tooth_dr

Hi all

I had lousy data from my Oiii - poor tracking, over-dithering, not aligned properly with previous nights data - but I still used it.  Oiii at 6 x 900s, along with 15 x 600s of H-alpha, photoshop used cobble together this 'masterpiece' using lots of adjustment layers and a synthetic green layer.

It's actually quite cool to do this, given me a real taster for this sort of imaging.

Thanks for looking.

Bi_colour_IC410.jpg

You've got those pesky amphibians nicely glowing. Well done.

May I ask which of the narrow bands actually brings out the tadpoles in this 'back-lit' manner ?    My attempts using stacked conventional DSLR colour does not bring them out like yours, even though my image scale is as comparatively large.

Sean.

9 minutes ago, Craney said:

You've got those pesky amphibians nicely glowing. Well done.

May I ask which of the narrow bands actually brings out the tadpoles in this 'back-lit' manner ?    My attempts using stacked conventional DSLR colour does not bring them out like yours, even though my image scale is as comparatively large.

Sean.

Thanks Sean. There was pretty much nothing to see in my Oiii image, but those bright leading edges show up really well in Ha. 

False colour Ha attached below (before I added Oiii)

DB9639E5-1C4F-40D9-87CB-F5D517A845A0.jpeg

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 23:09, tooth_dr said:

Hi all

I had lousy data from my Oiii - poor tracking, over-dithering, not aligned properly with previous nights data - but I still used it.  Oiii at 6 x 900s, along with 15 x 600s of H-alpha, photoshop used cobble together this 'masterpiece' using lots of adjustment layers and a synthetic green layer.

It's actually quite cool to do this, given me a real taster for this sort of imaging.

Thanks for looking.

Bi_colour_IC410.jpg

Still looks good to me Adam :-)

Even though the signal is weak, it's amazing how much of a difference the OIII makes to a bi-colour image.

Archived