Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

eq6 belt mod issues

spillage

Hi All,

I have recently run the hypertune as per astrobaby's guide thinking this would improve my guiding. I think I may of put back the motors with too much tension on the belts.

Can anyone tell me if this would cause saw tooth issues in phd. I know last night really was too windy but my graph was very erratic from +3 to -3.

Just trying to ellimate possible issues.

cheers

Spill.

There is a lot of mods going on there. Lets discuss the hypertune first. Were both the RA & Dec axis both n.ice and smooth to turn, no notchiness or excessive play.

Belt mod. It would be difficult to over tension the belts. I tensioned mine by levering the belts tight with a screwdriver, prior to locking the motors in position. I would be more worried of a slack belt introducing backlash. Another area to check: Are the belts rubbing against the casing, this may be causing the issue. But, then again, you have remarked that it may be caused by wind buffeting. Before you analyse any mechanical problems, maybe check your guiding issues on a calm day.

Steve

cheers @sloz1664 It is just that I noticed on the rowan instructions it says "apply a light tension" and as yourself I used a screwdriver to apply tension. All the axis are nice and smooth with no notchiness (checked 360) and play has been removed.

I will give it another go when there is no wind but it may be that I need to strip it down again and visually check everything again.

Archived