NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tal Barlows

mik

Hello i am looking to get a barlow lens soon and i know the reccomended is the Celestron Ultima at about £80 but i see i can get a Tal for under half the price is there a big difference in the performance between these looking at the results (Mightymonoped) has with the Tal 3x it seems good value,is it worth spending another £50 on the Celestron :smiley:

Mick strapped for cash. :crybaby:

Thanks for the replys

Part timer ive heard this about the Tal's wonder what coating they use.

Matt with ref to the Tal x3 does it have the same yellow tint as part timer has found with the x2 unit, i would love the ultima but funds are low at the moment.

Mick.

The TAL is very good for what it costs but the Ultima / Shorty Plus is a superb bit of kit - I've put mine (a rather well used one !) up agaist Tele Vue Barlows and Powermates and it performs just as well IMHO.

If you can find one 2nd had you should be able to get it for not much more than a new TAL and I would say that the Ultima / Shorty Plus is worth the extra. As well as the slight yellow cast that Part Timer mentions with the TAL, the Ultima / Shorty Plus is better baffled and so scattered light is kept to an absolute minimum I find.

John

Archived