Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What´s causing my focus problem? Tilted sensor? (ASI1600)

MartinFransson

On 2018-04-03 at 22:12, Allinthehead said:

As has been said try adding 1mm for your astrodon. You could put it between the camera and filter wheel. 1mm is critical at f2. Use a baht mask to get focus then tweak slightly to get round stars.

Thanks for the advice! The "problem" is that the Astrodon is the one that works best :) The problem is worse with the ZWO filters. And it does not go away at f/2.8 or even f/4. Also, one of the corners indicate too close and the other too far away. Can´t be a distancing problem only.

Anyway, I´ve been in contact with ZWO and my retailer and they will bring the camera in for sensor tilt adjustment. I´ll keep you posted on the results, however it will probably have to wait until September since astro darkness is away for the season when I get the camera back :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Martin,

Did ZWO help to fix the tilt? Did they replace the camera?

Adding to the topic: if camera sensor has tilt and there's no room for adjustments you can add very thin 0.1mm adjustment ring, glue small shim made of foil on a side of the ring, insert ring between camera and filter wheel. Rotate if necessary.