Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

suggestions

GSO (Guan Sheng Optical) make telescopes with other maker’s names on them. Many of these makes have mirrors that are plenty good enough to satisfy most users. I’d not hesitate to buy one. Years ago the telescopes made by far eastern companies could be of low quality, it’s likely that they are still sold, but if you stick to well known makes you will likely be happy with what you’ve bought. One caution - the supplied eyepieces often don’t match the quality of the mirrors, after a while you may wish to get higher quality eyepieces. But the supplied eyepieces will get you going.

Hope that helps, Ed.

5 hours ago, shyam said:

confused!!!! gso is good like  zhumel , orion etc?

Sorry if what I said was confusing, really didn’t mean to do that.  Your choice may be down to what is available in your country, or could be shipped to your part of the world.  If you let us know exactly what you are interested in, then hopefully folk on SGL can offer exact advice.

Best regards from Ed.

10 hours ago, NGC 1502 said:

Sorry if what I said was confusing, really didn’t mean to do that.  Your choice may be down to what is available in your country, or could be shipped to your part of the world.  If you let us know exactly what you are interested in, then hopefully folk on SGL can offer exact advice.

Best regards from Ed.

hello

No probs, i was comparing  GSO with other telescope like zhumel , orion, celestrone etc. Because GSO available in INdia from Tejraj.com . 10 inch dobsonian telescope is around Rs 32k in dollars it would be 501 US dollars. if i go with it later shouldnt repent for quality .

regards

4 hours ago, shyam said:

hello

No probs, i was comparing  GSO with other telescope like zhumel , orion, celestrone etc. Because GSO available in INdia from Tejraj.com . 10 inch dobsonian telescope is around Rs 32k in dollars it would be 501 US dollars. if i go with it later shouldnt repent for quality .

regards

I’ve had a look at Tejraj.com.     The GSO 10” Dobsonian looks the same as the Revelation telescope sold by Telescope House here in the U.K.   If it were me, I would be pleased to own that telescope.  If you go ahead, please let us know how you get on.

Best regards from Ed.

Archived