NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can this work?

After some research I find this 150/750 + EQ5 GoTo

I know that the 150/750 is not the most light weight tube ever made, but the EQ5 is strong

Can this 150/750 + EQ5 GoTo work for doing AP with dslr and guiding (transfer the scope with an adapter and attach the cheapest guide cam ever made qhy5l-llc lol)

Hope someone can tell me for sure.

I saw 150/750 even on eq3-2 doing AP, so can this work or not?

3 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

None that he ever mentioned. He has been using DSLR and only just moved to Cooled colour verison of the ASI camera. Only because he was getting tired of the noise.

Maybe if he got a profile on this forum so i can talk to him?

So you saying that he is using the 150/750 with eq5 goto and never mentioned any problem?

I'm sure you can make it work.. it is definitely possible... it's only 750mm so I'm sure you will image some great images... of course as with anything worthwhile, to get results you need to practice and not get disheartened if and (most likely) when things don't go your way... learn from the mishaps and sore enough you will be getting some awesome astro images.

42 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

I'm sure you can make it work.. it is definitely possible... it's only 750mm so I'm sure you will image some great images... of course as with anything worthwhile, to get results you need to practice and not get disheartened if and (most likely) when things don't go your way... learn from the mishaps and sore enough you will be getting some awesome astro images.

Thank you!

I hope it can work together

Of cours i will add guiding as soon as i can!

54 minutes ago, serbiadarksky said:

add guiding as soon as i can

You'd want to, when it works its great and makes your imaging a lot easier... BUT when it doesn't work.... well.. it can be the most frustrating and infuriating thing under the stars....

23 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

You'd want to, when it works its great and makes your imaging a lot easier... BUT when it doesn't work.... well.. it can be the most frustrating and infuriating thing under the stars....

Haha yes.

How to calculate thoose numbers in phd2 which you can see under the graph?

8 minutes ago, serbiadarksky said:

Haha yes.

How to calculate thoose numbers in phd2 which you can see under the graph?

trial and error I guess.. I tend to have to tweak them nearly every imaging night. What ever gives the best guiding on the night.

4 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

I used to image with a 200p on an eq5 goto and as long as it wasn't windy and I took my time to carefully balance it, I'd have a successful night of imaging 

so if you did it with the 200 than i can do it with the 150 for sure with no problems?

7 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

I wouldn't say with no problems but you shouldn't have many. A windy night can cause problems and being unbalanced can cause problems. But as long as you take your time to get things right then you should be fine. 

Balancing wont be hard (i hope)

Archived