Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The wandering dust mote

Ive have an odd isue show up time and time again when im taking flats through my Newtonian.

It appears to me as a dust mote that moves around between frames and for the life of me I cant find a cause.

This hasn't just started happening recently , I see this on all of my Flat frames and assume when averaged out on a master does not produce a negative effect.

When I first saw the problem I thought that possibly a spider had got its self into the imaging train and cleaned all my kit, still no change. I thought my light panel had a fault and bought a new one, same problem again.  I took a load of flats though different filters last night and watched the little black dot move in and out and around the image between exposures?

My imaging train is solid nothing loose or moving between exposures. Below is just a few frames, the dust mote moves all over the image .

This has been going on for a while and im a little embarrassed to bring it to your attention as there may be an obvious reason.

Any ideas, im all out.

redflat007.jpg

redflat008.jpg

redflat009.jpg

redflat010.jpg

Archived