Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Arnside in Cumbria.

I said on another thread that I'd post a " Standard " nightscape image from the Arnside area so here goes,

Nikon D750, Tamron 15 - 30 mm f2.8 @ f4, 25 seconds, ISO 1600

Very quick and ultra simple processing here. Into Lightroom and got rid of the vignette that isn't so bad anyway at f4. Left the colour balance and exposure as they were to start with. Drop the highlights and lift the shadows a bit. Once more increase contrast a touch via clarity and a tiny bit of dehaze. Then mask off the ground and darken the sky a little so the ground would stand out. Done.

I did try and be clever on the Milky Way ( If you can spot it ). I selected it and started to tease it out as best I could. It looked quite false so I deleted the edit. There are a few sky blemishes but I decided they were too much trouble to fix.

Note the train on the far bank. I didn't even notice it until after I'd saved the image ! It's a bit longer at 25 seconds than it would normally be :)

Dave.

Arnside in Cumbria.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived