Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Duck pond

The second in the series at a place called Beacon Fell in Lancashire -

Nikon D750, Tamron 15-30 mm f2.8,  25 seconds, f4, ISO 3200,  5 panels of a small mosaic.

Similar to another image I've posted I took 5 images again but this time as a mosaic. The tripod was set up with the lens at the no parallax point. It makes things so much easier to process but does make it a juggling act to set up on the night.

Take all five into Lightroom and raise the exposure, alter the colour temperature, lift the shadows, reduce the vignette, generally faff about ( ! ) and then save.

Into Microsoft ICE to assemble the mosaic. I like ICE as it enables quite a few different projections and alignments. This one was circular projection.

Into Photoshop to lift the shadows just a touch, make sure the colour balance was ok, nuke a few hot pixels and then save.

Dave.

Beacon Fell Duck Pond_2.jpg

14 hours ago, Daniel-K said:

i really like this Dave. The reflections and siloute trees give a magical feel.  

Thanks Dan. The scene did all the work for me that night. 

You are doing some good stuff too I've noticed. I liked your Anglesey image,

Dave.

Archived