NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC891 at 1015mm FL

ollypenrice

My title's a nod to Chris's C11 rendition. This one's from the TEC140/Atik 460/Mesu 200 but with new luminance from this week since the original shoot was in terrible seeing. I kept the old 'bad seeing' colour data here but scrapped the luminance and used the new.

It's been a good week here but with three rigs running and keen guests we can't keep up with the processing! At least we only had the L to process on this one.

NGC891%20LRGB%20TEC140%20Atik%20460-X2.j

Olly

5 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

My title's a nod to Chris's C11 rendition. This one's from the TEC140/Atik 460/Mesu 200 but with new luminance from this week since the original shoot was in terrible seeing. I kept the old 'bad seeing' colour data here but scrapped the luminance and used the new.

It's been a good week here but with three rigs running and keen guests we can't keep up with the processing! At least we only had the L to process on this one.

Olly

Great image, Olly, with lots of detail. At which resolution are you running the rig?

I wish I had your problems (regarding processing queue, that is) :clouds1:

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

Great image, Olly, with lots of detail. At which resolution are you running the rig?

I wish I had your problems (regarding processing queue, that is) :clouds1:

The TEC/Atik 460 gives about 0.9 arcsecs per pixel, always unbinned.

Olly

I love the colours and detail in the galaxy.... For me the blue stars are just a little OTT, there doesn't seem to be any other colour to contrast with them. Can you get the yellows to stand out a little more? To give it a little more balance?

2 minutes ago, swag72 said:

I love the colours and detail in the galaxy.... For me the blue stars are just a little OTT, there doesn't seem to be any other colour to contrast with them. Can you get the yellows to stand out a little more? To give it a little more balance?

You're right, the blue stars are too blue. In fact I've already toned them down a bit and I knew they needed more. Just so busy this week, up all night and processing all day. I'm zonked!!!

Olly

On 11/17/2017 at 12:55, ollypenrice said:

This one's from the TEC140/Atik 460/Mesu 200 but with new luminance from this week

I only just saw this one.  Well, who needs 2800mm when you can do this at less than half?  And the detail seems just as deep.  Albeit with a rather nice telescope....

Interesting to see my image and this one side by side - it quickly becomes clear which one has more primitive processing!

More than that, and despite their colour, which I am sure that you can do something about, the stars from the TEC140 just seem to be so very superior to the best that I can achieve with the C11.  Ah well, and the processing skills.......

Chris

1 hour ago, cfpendock said:

I only just saw this one.  Well, who needs 2800mm when you can do this at less than half?  And the detail seems just as deep.  Albeit with a rather nice telescope....

Interesting to see my image and this one side by side - it quickly becomes clear which one has more primitive processing!

More than that, and despite their colour, which I am sure that you can do something about, the stars from the TEC140 just seem to be so very superior to the best that I can achieve with the C11.  Ah well, and the processing skills.......

Chris

It is very hard to beat refractor stars, especially if you don't like spikes.

Olly

Archived