SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

pixinsight BPP

brrttpaul

Its starting to do my head in now, I took a load of images last night checked and rechecked them using blink everything worked fine so why isnt my BPP stacking them. I done lum 30 secs RGB 120 secs, HA 600 secs and Oii 600 secs. All have been checked in blink. I done the lum rgb no problem (usually I get this problem with the red channel but it worked today). On to HA I loaded them into BPP added my darks and then added my flats clicked diagnostics all ok, clicked run and it went through everything up untill image intergration when I was getting RANSAC error, Cant not intergrate less than 3 frames. theres 20 frames there so how is that happeneing? i went back over them in blink and even opened them up and used the STF to look they all seem fine so where am i going wrong here

Sounds like Star Alignment is failing. Test it by putting the uncalibrated subs directly into the Star Alignment process and see if it is able to align your subs. If not, it's a parameter in Star Align. If it does, then there is something happening in the BPP script.

When you say you have used blink to sort your images. Did you zoom in and check for any excessive elongated stars. also you could run SubFrameSelector and check the graph for any issues.

I tend to find Pixinsight's calibration routine long winded.

Steve 

Archived