NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

RGB Wizard. The impact of adding one Ha sub...

StargeezerTim

A week or so a go, I tried to capture some Ha subs to add to an image of the Wizard I took in August. I planned on getting lots of 10 minute subs, but ended up with one 8 minute exposure as the clouds arrived and I abandoned the nights imaging.

I thought I would have a go adding my one sub to the original image (22 X 5min, iso 1600, UHC filter) and used this method of adding the sub (after a little stretching and sharpening) to the image.

https://starizona.com/acb/ccd/software/ps_hargb.aspx

This is what I ended up with. I pushed the processing more than the original and although the image is noisy (nothing new there) the change is pretty remarkable considering I added just one 8 minute sub.

59fc2e13bea90_WizardGoodreprocesswithoneHasmallerstarsetc.thumb.png.dbab2fb91e2545bf8bda8c4221b92291.png

For comparison, this is the original Image posted in August. I will hopefully be able to get some more Ha soon to see what that does to it. The original image was taken in 94% moon, as was the Ha sub, so its surprising to me what can be captured when the pesky moon is up. 

Wizard.thumb.png.04351c506e90e6f8e4569e9bf6dff892.png

Archived