Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Quarter Moon 27-10-17

johnfosteruk

Out again after dark. I was concerned by a nasty bank of cloud for a while but it cleared after 8pm and I was on it.

I mentioned in another thread about stability capturing raw images so I put a 2.5x barlow in and did a mosaic with DSLR video. This gives me a final image that's roughly the same scale as I get with the F10 achro, but obviously better corrected and sharper with the mak :)

I did reduce it to 70% though because I couldn't stack too many frames with the seeing not being too good - that's what you get for imaging objects that are low in the sky.

Still a pleasing image I feel. You can just about still make out the V, but not the X.

5 panes, 150 of 1000 frames per pane, Pipp>AS!2>IMPPG>Focus Magic>Photoshop.

59f3a121f3258_Moon27-10-17mono.thumb.png.7464d8bae222f3ec1fd8d467981fa61d.png

I'm going out again tonight, might try some single image photos at prime, or with a low-power EPP using my flip mirror diagonal.  I was in my barnyard last night until around 10pm EDT, but I have a couple of irritating LED streetlights that I can't occlude from view. I'm going out to the wildlife club where I'm a member, it's far enough out of town even the horizon glow is minimal, and no local lights at all. Last night was totally cloudless, today has been, and tonight supposed to be the same, dry air and 50's F.

Archived