Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader or Astronomik RGB filters

Kai

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how much there is in the quality of the image between the two (although the majority seem to use the Astronomiks), but bear in mind that others have reported issues with the Baaders fitting into Atik filter wheels (they don't, apparently!).

That, combined with recommendations from others, meant we bought the Astronomiks... Quite happy with 'em too! 8)

Good question!

Baader have launched a new range of anti-reflective Baader LRGBC filters to complement their narrowband CCD-Emission line filters. Being a fan of Baader kit and having seen the trouble some of you are having with reflections, we have ordered some in for stock. (We shall reserve a set for our own use and for comparison with the Astronomik equivalents, which we also stock) :smiley:

Dave's got it right, there are no "problems" as such, with the Astronomik LRGB filter set.

bern

Yep , I have used both. No problems using the Astronomik they are high quality ( do not scratch easily) and ( as Dave said) being parfocal means a lot less focusing. I would consider them Superior to the Baaders.( of course they do cost more !!)

John

Bern, I think what Ben and Aza are referring to are the narrowband filters, not the LRGB set.

Dave's got it right, there are no "problems" as such, with the Astronomik LRGB filter set.

bern

I would consider them Superior to the Baaders.( of course they do cost more !!)

Out of curiosity John, in what way are they superior?

Tony..

Yep , I have used both. No problems using the Astronomik they are high quality ( do not scratch easily) and ( as Dave said) being parfocal means a lot less focusing. I would consider them Superior to the Baaders.( of course they do cost more !!)

John, the new Baaders haven't arrived yet :smiley:

You are probably thinking of the much cheaper Baader RGB Filter Set with IR Cut?

The Baaders had to be altered to fit into my filter wheel. I used my lathe to reduce their thickness of the filter holders.

And after comparing images produced by both the results of the Astronomik seemed sharper.( it was quite close). I sold the Baader set but kept the Astronomik.

John

PS I am talking about the filters sold 2 years ago.

The Baaders had to be altered to fit into my filter wheel.

There have been difficulties where Baader's filter 'crown' has been too deep for some of the slimline filter wheels. It'll be interesting to see what what they have done with their new filters. So long as they fit in my TruTek filter wheel... :smiley:

There have been difficulties where Baader's filter 'crown' has been too deep for some of the slimline filter wheels. It'll be interesting to see what what they have done with their new filters. So long as they fit in my TruTek filter wheel... :bino2:

I will have my lathe standing by :smiley:

John

There have been difficulties where Baader's filter 'crown' has been too deep for some of the slimline filter wheels. It'll be interesting to see what what they have done with their new filters. So long as they fit in my TruTek filter wheel... :smiley:

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,25585.0.html

Archived