Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The EP's have entered the building

Fypunky

Drove over the tops to the guys at Rother Valley Optics this morning to pick up the EP upgrades, Celestron X Cel-LX in 18mm, 12mm, 7mm and 2x barlow. Hoping tonight will give me a chance to use them but I think the clouds will win although Sunday so far looking ok.

Just popped on the scope and instantly so much better than our cheaper EPs really looking forward to using them.

Also had a chat about dobbies as that will be the next upgrade but even they struggled to suggest a way of hiding it from the wife :icon_biggrin:

New EPs are always exciting!  I recently upgraded mine from the stock set that came with my scope, and also upgraded my 45° diagonal.  The improvement in viewing has been drastic both in quality and in wide field of view.  I hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine, and there's always a way to squeeze a couple more toys under the wife's nose ;) 

just managed to sneak 30 mins viewing the moon to compare the old V new before the clouds rolled in, what a difference in viewing and quality, so far very impressed.

Roll on the decent night to view

Hi. Its always nice to get some upgrades to eyepieces, especially from stock . As most quality upgrades will give an improvement sharpness and detail and field of view compared with stock kit scope eyepiece. 

The problem is this can be a slippery slope and before long you are looking towards the green and black end of the market(like televue) with there super wide fov and sharpness to match. But there is a way to try and avoid this . Try not to look through one. Or the bank balance starts taking a hit 

Hope you have a cloudless night to put your Celestron x cel through there paces.

On 27/10/2017 at 19:43, Timebandit said:

The problem is this can be a slippery slope and before long you are looking towards the green and black end of the market(like televue) with there super wide fov and sharpness to match. But there is a way to try and avoid this . Try not to look through one. Or the bank balance starts taking a hit 

Sadly this has happened lol. A while back my daughter and I joined Blackpool astonomers on one of their observing nights, propper freindly bunch and one had  Hubble on a mount, I did think to myself under no circumstances must I look through it, my daughter did several times and then they turned it to M13, mmm its was like a very very strong magnet pulling me towards it and before I had realised it there I was admiring the beauty of all the resolveed stars!!

A 10 nch Dobbie is on the shopping list (partly why the EP upgrade)

Archived