Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Oops I've forgotten how to...

RichM63

I have a mental block on how to process B/W TIF files in PS/PSP to get the most out of the shot AND then look at converting to RGB. I have completely forgotten how to do this simple procedure. DOH.....

Here we have the original shot, taken with the new 5DIII and Tamron 150-600 at 600. Converted from RAW to TIF via DXO Pro 11

as can be seen, the seeing was grim.

EV8A0496_DxO.thumb.jpg.41bfb18dbf7e2f3075c38d1a16ef8110.jpg

However I did remember something PP, and arrived at a half decent B/W crop, but I can't for the life of me remember how to convert back to RGB in PSP.

59d52fbd2d20c_EV8A0496_DuskMoon_PSP.thumb.jpg.4f25875e774d13f999b0ce270a521c62.jpg

Call me thick (or anything you like), but how, ie what tool do I use to create an RGB.

The only really good thing here is the lack of noise that I have been gifted.

All the very best,

Rich

I'd love to stick that 5DIII on the back of my mak :happy11:

Anyhoo, it's not a case of converting it back to RGB - once it's gone mono it'll always be mono. Somewhere along the line you've converted to mono and you need to remove that step from the workflow. Where? What are you asking me for! :p

I assume it's a PSP thing (don't use it hence assumption) If you put the DxO output into PS you can adjust curves and sharpness etc while keeping it RGB all along the way.

HTH (prolly not)

PS I must say I like the original output straight from DxO.

Archived