Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sutton bank season starter

mapstar

12 hours ago, niallk said:

Great report (+ lovely job on the lathe!).

I've gone through a string of nights confounded by dew and humidity like that - it can certainly be frustrating!! We really do require so many things to simultaneously come together to give a good night's observing :rolleyes2:.

Cheers 

There is also work to get in the way of it too :hmh:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, faulksy said:

brilliant report damo, and what a nice start to the season. the little dumbell is ace but like its dad more. glad your still eating chocolate :headbang:

Cheers Mike

Choc is good for the downhill mountain biking :grin:

By 'eck, lad, you've gone for some faint ones there! Sounds like a cracking night.

You say that NGC 6829 wasn't on your chart (I'm not terribly surprised at mag 14.1). Was it on your plan for the night, or did you just sweep it up? I know it's just 6' from NGC 6831, much brighter at 13.3. Did you know it was there before you looked at 6831, or was it a lucky catch?

3 hours ago, DeepSkyBagger said:

By 'eck, lad, you've gone for some faint ones there! Sounds like a cracking night.

You say that NGC 6829 wasn't on your chart (I'm not terribly surprised at mag 14.1). Was it on your plan for the night, or did you just sweep it up? I know it's just 6' from NGC 6831, much brighter at 13.3. Did you know it was there before you looked at 6831, or was it a lucky catch?

I didn't know it was there and just swept it up Patrick. Always good to search the surrounding area for other objects. I miss more than I should though.

No, that's really good. I love it when I look at a planned DSO and then think - 'Hey, there's something else there!' Then later check it out and find that I've bagged a really faint thing that I never expected to see.

It's a happy bag.

NGC 6829 - nice one. :icon_biggrin:

Archived